This sweet, salty, and gooey recipe for Cake Batter Shark Bait is the PERFECT snack for Shark Week!
Cake Batter Shark Bait
- 2 bags of popcorn (white-butter-kettle corn)
- 1 1/2 cups of cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil or shortening
- 1/3 cup of shark or fish sprinkles
- gummy sharks
1. Pop 2 bags of popcorn and pour into large bowl. Remove any un-popped kernels and allow to cool.
2. In the microwave melt white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until creamy and melted.
3. Add vegetable oil or shortening, continuing to stir until blended.
4. Add in cake mix and stir until thickened. Also, add in your sprinkles.
5. Pour mixture into the bowl of popcorn and carefully mix together until all pieces are coated evenly.
6. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spread the popcorn on the sheet.
7. Allow to settle and harden in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
8. Once bait is put into a bowl, scatter gummy sharks within for a fun surprise.
Sweeten up your Shark Week adventures further with these Marshmallow Fluff Shark Fin Cookie Cups!