Get ready for Valentine’s Day by whipping up a quick and easy treat. This addictive Valentine’s Popcorn Munch is full of the best sweet and salty snacks!
Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it, which is all the more reason to get a jump start on the celebration! This snack is laced with love and plenty of yummy ingredients that are just as good on their own. Valentine’s Popcorn Munch is comprised of a combination of popcorn, pretzel sticks, marshmallows, Swedish Fish hearts, M&M’s, and sprinkles. Coated in white chocolate, this sweet and salty concoction is irresistible. Simple treats have become a staple in our home and after sharing Mermaid Munch last summer, I had to recreate this recipe for the holiday! Popcorn is such a versatile base so feel free to customize your batch with whatever you like.
Start by popping your favorite popcorn. Transfer the popcorn to a large below, while making sure to remove any loose kernels.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Next, grab a big mixing bowl that will allow you to toss all of the ingredients together. Add in the pretzel sticks, popcorn, and marshmallows.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat pink candy melts in 60 second intervals. Stir constantly to prevent burning. If the chocolate is too thick, add a splash of vegetable or coconut oil to thin it out. This will make it easier to work with when coating all of the ingredients.
Pour melted chocolate evenly over the popcorn mixture. Use a rubber spatula or your clean hands to gently toss it all together. Add in a few handfuls of sprinkles and M&M’s. Continue to carefully mix until all pieces are evenly coated. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out. Top with extra sprinkles. Place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened.
Serve Valentine’s Popcorn Munch in themed cups or pack them in cellophane bags to gift to friends and family!
- 6 cups of popped popcorn
- 2 cups of pretzel stick
- 2 cups of marshmallows
- 1.5 cups M&M's
- Valentine themed sprinkles
- Swedish Fish Gummy Hearts
- 8-10 ounces of Wilton Bright Pink Candy Melts or White Chocolate Bark
- Wilton Mini Icing Hearts (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place to the side for later use.
2. Add pretzels, popcorn, and marshmallows to a large mixing bowl. Leave enough space to toss the ingredients together.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, heat candy melts in 60 second intervals. Stir constantly to prevent burning. If the chocolate is too thick, add a splash of vegetable or coconut oil to thin it out a bit. This will make it much easier to work with when coating your Valentine's Popcorn.
4. Pour melted chocolate over the popcorn mixture. Use a rubber spatula or your clean bare hands to gently toss it all together.
5. Add in a few handfuls of sprinkles and M&M's. Continue to carefully mix until all pieces are evenly coated.
6. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
7. Add more Valentine themed sprinkles and M&M's on top.
8. Allow to cool or place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
9. Once chocolate has set, break apart and serve in small cups or transfer to cellophane bags for gifting.