Add patriotic flair to your next red, white, and blue celebration with Fourth of July Pound Cake Parfaits!
FOURTH OF JULY POUND CAKE PARFAITS
I see you Summer! Aside from the constant rain we’ve been getting here in Florida, things are starting to look a little brighter. There’s much to anticipate within these next few months. In fact, America’s birthday is around the corner. From backyard BBQs to firework shows and neighborhood parades, there’s no shortage of fun when it comes to Fourth of July. Independence Day is an iconic event that screams summertime.
Whether you’re spending the holiday with family or riding it out solo from the safety of home, Fourth of July Pound Cake Parfaits are sure to sweeten up the occasion. It’s one of my favorite desserts because each trifle is composed of many delicious layers!
HOW TO MAKE A PATRIOTIC DESSERT
The parfaits are made with pieces of pound cake, white chocolate mousse, marshmallows, and mini chocolate M&M’s. However, they can also be customized to your liking by adding other various treats.
Putting them together is simple and sweet. Start by preparing a white chocolate mousse. You need heavy whipping cream, granulated sugar, cream cheese, and white baking chocolate. This easy filling has a whipped creamy texture which makes it perfect for parfaits!
Next, slice pound cake into small cubes. I went with a classic buttery loaf, but if you prefer something more spongy like Angel Food, just go with it! I love pound cake because even though it’s dense, the pieces absorb all the yummy flavors surrounding it without getting soggy.
Once all of the prep is done, layer the ingredients into the trifle glasses. I suggest transferring the mousse into a piping bag before you begin. This will help to keep the layers of the parfaits clean and even.
Top off each pound cake parfait with a dollop of whipped cream and sugar sprinkles. Enjoy! For another fun and festive treat, check out these Patriotic Pretzel Bites With Pop Rock Candy.
- loaf of classic pound cake (cut into small cubes)
- M&M’s Red, White & Blue Minis
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 6 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 6 ounces of white baking chocolate or bark
- whipped cream
- patriotic sprinkles
- Prepare white chocolate mousse by beating cold heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Once it begins to thicken, add in spoonfuls of sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate in 60 second intervals until creamy and melted.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in melted chocolate. Continue mixing on medium speed.
- Use a spatula to fold both whipped ingredients together.
- Assemble trifles by layering mousse, pound cake, marshmallows, and M&M's.
- Top off each pound cake parfait with a dollop of whipped cream and sugar sprinkles. Enjoy!
If you prefer to use something more spongy like Angel Food, just go with it! I love pound cake because even though it’s dense, the pieces absorb all the yummy flavors surrounding it without getting soggy.