I received compensation and information and/or free product from The Hershey Company and/or Collective Bias. All opinions expressed within are my own. #CollectiveBias #AnySnackPerfect
Since I can remember I have been an avid snacker. Graze, nibble, sample, taste, munch- you name it and it is most likely part of my snacking strategy. When I was younger I could grab a bowl of cereal and be completely content. These days picking a snack is much more complex. There’s always that constant battle between sweet or salty. So many choices yet so little time and whatever I choose has to be simple. I find it’s best to combine the two along with my favorite satisfying snacks all in one, salted cashews and peanut butter. The new Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spreads is a delicious indulgence on it’s own but when generously coated on top of my homemade clusters a new snack is born.
I absolutely love the combination of salty peanut butter and creamy milk chocolate. It’s a heavenly pairing. In fact, I had to stop myself from scooping this stuff straight out of the jar and eating it as is! Good thing I bought two containers because by the time I actually needed it for my recipe everyone had a heaping scoop and was going in for seconds. You can practically eat the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spreads on just about anything including apples, toast, crackers, cookies, and fruit. I can tell you first hand that it’s the perfect way to liven up your everyday snacks. If you’re ready to enjoy an authentic Reese’s experience in a new and enticing way then keep reading.
To make these yummy clusters you will need a few simple ingredients:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spreads
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1 package of caramel squares (14 oz.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. milk
- sea salt
1. The foundation of your clusters will be the caramel squares so make sure to use a full bag and maybe even a little more if you like yours on the gooey side. In a medium sauce pan melt the caramels on medium heat. Once melted add milk and vanilla extract. Stir with rubber spatula and lower heat to avoid burning.
2. Pour in salted cashews or any other nut variety you prefer. Quickly fold nuts into melted caramel with spatula as the mixture will firm up quickly. If the caramel becomes too hard then place on stove top for 3-5 minutes over medium heat or until creamy again.
3. Use an ice cream scooper or large spoon to scoop out caramel cashew mixture onto a wax sheet of paper that is lightly coated with cooking spray. You can even use your clean damp fingers to shape and mold the clusters, round or flat.
4. Allow the clusters to cool for about 5-10 minutes or until caramel has settled and is firm. Take Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spreads and coat the tops of the clusters, spreading a generous layer across.
5. Sprinkle a hint of sea salt on top of the peanut butter chocolate spread.
6. To ensure freshness place clusters inside an air tight container.
You can find the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spreads at your local Walmart in the same aisle with the peanut butter, jelly, and other spreadable toppings. First time buyer? You better grab more than one jar because there is a good chance you will be sent back to the store for more shortly after everyone gets a taste!
What kind of snacks would you pair with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spreads? If you need a little bit of inspiration be sure to stop by your nearest Walmart for an in store demo and chance to sample the spread paired with apples the weekend of November 13th-16th. Find out if your Walmart is participating here. Also, enter below to win fabulous Reese’s prizes and a Walmart gift card.