Today I have another semi spooky recipe you can make for your little goblins! These sweet and salty mummy bites are a perfect addition to any Halloween treat line-up.
What You Need:
- salted pretzel snaps
- Vanilla Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Edible Eyeballs
- Wilton Candy Melts™ Candy Melting Pot (optional)
- ROLO Chewy Caramel Milk Chocolate candy
- disposable decorating bag or Ziploc
- angled piping tip
1. Pre-heat oven to 200° and line baking sheet with rows of pretzel snaps.
2. Place one ROLO candy in the center of each pretzel snap and place in oven for 6-7 minutes or until chocolate begins to soften.
3. Remove from oven and immediately top with another pretzel snap while chocolate is still soft. Gently push pretzel down to sandwich the melted ROLO between the two snaps. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and stick them in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes to firm up.
4. While they are cooling off heat up a bag of candy melts in a warmer or microwave safe bowl. If using microwave method heat candy for 60 second intervals while stirring with a rubber spatula in between.
5. Use culinary tweezers or tongs to dip each pretzel in the melted chocolate. A rubber spatula can make it easy to cover any hard to reach areas. Each sandwich should be smothered and completely coated. Place back on parchment paper to harden. For best results put in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
6. To create the mummy bandages you will need a plastic piping bag or a Ziploc. For either, cut the tip of the bag and place piping tip at the very end so that it is sticking out about half way. Fill bag with melted chocolate and pipe strips back and forth to resemble a mummy.
7. Add onn your candy eyeballs while chocolate is still soft. Place these little guys back in the fridge for a final cool down.
Also, don’t worry if there is excess chocolate around each piece or if your bandages aren’t perfect. Those little pieces will break right off once they are hardened. No two mummies were ever wrapped the same!
Did you know that back in Ancient Egypt it took a total of 7 steps to complete the process of creating a genuine mummy? You can make these Caramel Pretzel Mummy Bites in the same amount of steps and I guarantee they will look much more appetizing!