Let me tell you bout’ my best friend….
If you have been around here long enough then I am sure you have an ample understanding of how much I adore my two dogs. While you don’t see much of Sam on my page (he’s a grumpy old man), I always have sweet photos of my pug Chloe Marie. Truthfully, I consider her to be more of a second child because she is so human like! She snores, she toots, she sleeps in the bed, she loves turkey sandwiches, and she goes crazy if you bring Starbucks into the house. Chloe is a free spirit and makes our family even more special than in already is.
1. They have the ability to fall asleep wherever they want and in any position. On their back, on their stomach, sitting up, foot of the bed, under the table, hanging off of the recliner, on the tile, and even the grass. But if I fall asleep on the couch for 30 minutes I am stiff as a rock!
2. Two words: Table Scraps. Whether you let your dog lick your dinner plate or vow to only feed it organic, I promise you that human food has touched your dogs tiny little lips at least once it its lifetime! Sometimes it feels good to be bad and I have never seen a pup turn down a piece of bacon.
3. Dog’s have it EASY. While you’re at work, slaving away in the kitchen, or scrubbing the toilet … guess what your pup is doing? Not a darn thing! Their days consists of a specific pattern. Eat, Sleep, Poop, Play.. Eat, Sleep, Poop,Play some more. While this may seem monotonous and boring to humans, you better believe they enjoy the freedom to do as they please! Wouldn’t you?
4. They can “let their hair blow in the wind,” literally. It’s perfectly acceptable for a pooch to hang half way out of the car window to enjoy a breeze or catch a few bugs. Given the perfect moment you can observe their constant need to lick the air as if there were a giant ice cream cone dangling in front of them. Now imagine your husband doing that. Not so cute eh?
5. Baths are a once a week kinda thing. That is unless you get a “mud butt” and an immediate scrubbing is required.
6. Brushing their teeth too.. no mud butts involved.
7. Simple pleasures. Dogs don’t care about what color or material their bed is made out of. They also don’t care that you bought a designer stroller to push them around in or that embellished collar around their neck. They only care about their routine, see number 3. Eat, Sleep, Poop,Play.
8. No need for conversation. In fact, no conversations period. Dogs can’t talk and some of them don’t even bark. They just have to listen. If dogs could talk I could only imagine the things they would say. When you hear a “woof woof” your dog is really telling you, “Yes you look fat in that so try something else on and stop asking me, I’m a dog for crying out loud!”
9. Dog’s have the WORST gas and they get away with it… every…single…time. Why? Simple. You’re too busy blaming the person next to you while the dog is smiling inside!
10. Pure hearts. No matter who you are, the mistakes you have made, or how horrible your day was- your dog will always be there to give you love and comfort. They love giving affection as much as they do receiving it.
It’s not hard to conclude that being a dog is pretty awesome. There is a reason they are known to be man’s best friend and as a pet owner these remind me of why they are such amazing creatures. Have a special four legged friend of your own that you adore? I would love to know how you pamper them!