Simple treats are the sometimes the sweetest! Lately I have been doing a ton of baking in preparation for Toodie’s Valentine birthday. While traditional desserts are always a winner, I wanted to also serve yummy recipes that are healthy. We are a family of fruit lovers so I decided to add a twist to the boring mixed fruit bowl you often see at parties. Whether you are an adult or a child, everything tastes much better on a stick. Fruit kabobs are tasty, refreshing, healthy, and so much fun to eat. They are even better when you have something sweet to dip them in!
- cake pop sticks or wooden skewers
- small heart shaped cookie cutter
- assorted fruits
- mini marshmallows (optional)
Use a small heart cookie cutter to change the shape of your fruit pieces and dress up your kabobs. I chose fresh cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and watermelon. You can also use strawberries, pineapple, and even mini marshmallows. To hold the fruit in place I added a grape on each end of the stick. Once your Valentine Fruit Kabobs are made you can stick them in the fridge or freezer to get nice and cold. In the meantime get started on your dip!
The Fluffy Cream Cheese Dip is my favorite part of this recipe! It is simple to make and you wouldn’t believe that it only takes two ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It’s sweet, tangy, and indulgent.
- 8 oz package of softened cream cheese
- 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff
- crushed graham cracker (optional for topping)
1. In a large bowl combine cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Use a handheld mixer to blend until consistency is creamy, fluffy, and smooth.
2. Place dip in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes to chill. Top with finely crushed graham crackers.
3. Dip away and enjoy!