Valentine Fruit Kabobs + Fluffy Cream Cheese Dip #ValentinesDay #Recipe

Simple treats are the sometimes the sweetest! Lately I have been doing a ton of baking in preparation for Toodie’s Valentine birthday. While traditional desserts are always a winner, I wanted to also serve yummy recipes that are healthy. We are a family of fruit lovers so I decided to add a twist to the boring mixed fruit bowl you often see at parties. Whether you are an adult or a child, everything tastes much better on a stick. Fruit kabobs are tasty, refreshing, healthy, and so much fun to eat. They are even better when you have something sweet to dip them in!

Ingredients:

• cake pop sticks or wooden skewers
  • small heart shaped cookie cutter
  • assorted fruits
  • mini marshmallows (optional)

Directions:

Use a small heart cookie cutter to change the shape of your fruit pieces and dress up your kabobs. I chose fresh cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and watermelon. You can also use strawberries, pineapple, and even mini marshmallows. To hold the fruit in place I added a grape on each end of the stick. Once your Valentine Fruit Kabobs are made you can stick them in the fridge or freezer to get nice and cold. In the meantime get started on your dip!

The Fluffy Cream Cheese Dip is my favorite part of this recipe! It is simple to make and you wouldn’t believe that it only takes two ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It’s sweet, tangy, and indulgent.

Ingredients:

• 8 oz package of softened cream cheese
  • 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff
  • crushed graham cracker (optional for topping)

Directions:

1. In a large bowl combine cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Use a handheld mixer to blend until consistency is creamy, fluffy, and smooth.

2. Place dip in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes to chill. Top with finely crushed graham crackers.

3. Dip away and enjoy!

Comments

1. says

LOVE this!!! What a fun idea and OMG does that dip sound delicious. I think I am going to surprise the family with this over the weekend!!

2. says

so cute!!! this is cute for the little ones but i think my boyfriend will also love it! and the watermelon and cantaloupe colors look so beautiful together!

3. says

What a fun idea! I did fruit kabobs for my boy's first birthday party, and they were a huge hit. I hadn't thought of the different shaped cutters. Genius for Valentine's Day!

4. says

Oh this looks super delicious! My kids would have a field day with this. Love the fruit kabobs shapes as well. Perfect just in time for Valentines Day.

5. says

Definitely a healthy way to celebrate Valentine's Day. My son may actually eat these, because they come on a stick!

6. says

i can't get much in the terms of fresh fruit around here besides apples but this is adorable. I could replicate with apples right LOL

7. says

This looks awesome. I'm definitely making this for our valentine's day breakfast with heart shaped pancakes.

8. says

Yum! This made my mouth water. I'm having a Super Bowl party next weekend and this would be perfect, even though meant for valentines day! -April

9. says

i like that you used the cake pop sticks for these instead of the pointy skewer sticks. I love to make these as well, but I've never made it with a dip before! Love that recipe! Your Valentine's baby will love all of the the ideas that you come up with! Wanna throw me and Noah a party?! 🙂