Went for dinner & drinks at Applebees on Friday with my better half and my bestie. It was nice to finally spend time with her since she has a hectic work schedule. I missed her! We reminisced and looked back on so many memories. We have known each other since we were 3 years old so there are so many to look back on. I think it’s safe to say I have the “BEST” best friend in the world. She’s amazing and I have no clue how I would have made it this far in my life without her.
Saturday I was supposed to go to the Miami Hurricanes football event known as “Canes Fest.” The weather here was horrible when I woke up so I didn’t much like going. Heard of Sunday Bumday? Well i decided to start a day before! Instead I vegged out around my house and headed to Whole Foods for lunch. Whole Foods has to be my new favorite place on Earth. I could spend hours in there and if I had an endless bank account- buy everything! I had my favorite Avocado/Cream Cheese Roll. Not much of a fish person but I do love veggie rolls. Before I landed in a food coma I took a trip to DSW to spend my gift card and score some new shoesies. Later that night we decided to see Cabin In The Woods, a scary flick that just came out. I love scary movies and from what i read it had decent reviews. Let’s just say it was “interesting” and probably not for everyone. It reminded me of Evil Dead…. but i liked it.
The whole weekend really went by quickly. Sunday was right around the corner in no time. I was so happy to see my Toodie after she spent the weekend at grandma & grandpas. It’s crazy that we only spent a full two days apart and it feels like forever. She came home feeling a little under the weather. We spent the afternoon snuggling & watched Happy Feet. How could I not miss that precious smile? I fully enjoyed kissing that little face off!
- Applemon : Freeze dried apple and organic cinnamon
- Bananamon : Freeze dried organic banana and organic cinnamon
- Cranaval Mix : Freeze dried organic banana, pineapple, apple, and papaya
- JiveALime : Freeze dried organic pineapple and lime juice
- MangOJ : Freeze dried mango and orange juice
- Pink Pineapple : Freeze dried organic pineapple and guava
- Purple Funk : Freeze dried organic banana and organic acai
- There were 13 people including Jesus at the Last Supper. The 13th person to arrive was Judas. Judas was the Apostle that went on to betray Jesus, and although it is subject to interpretation; many Christians believe that Jesus was Crucified on a Friday.
- As many as 21 million Americans will change their behavior on Friday the 13th resulting in millions of lost dollars to the economy, time lost at work, etc.
- Popular rapper Tupac Shakur was killed in Las Vegas on Friday the 13th.
- Fidel Castro was born on Friday, August 13th, 1926.
- Many hospitals have no room 13, while some tall buildings skip the 13th floor and some airline terminals omit Gate 13.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would never host 13 guests at a meal.
- Friday the 13th is set to creep up two more times this year — in April and in July. The most times that the 13th will fall on a Friday in any given calendar is three, while the longest period without it is 14 months.
- Hollywood has capitalized on the Friday the 13th phobia. “Friday the 13th” the movie was released in 1980 and a remake was shown in theaters in 2009.
- On April 13, 2029, a Friday, the asteroid 99942 will make its closest encounter with earth.
- Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
- Tarot Card number 13 is the Death Card, depicting the Grim Reaper.
- Traditionally in hangings, there are 13 knots in the noose and 13 steps leading up to the moment of death.
- Mark Twain once was the 13th guest at a dinner party. A friend warned him not to go. “It was bad luck,” Twain later told the friend. “They only had food for 12.”
- Butch Cassidy, notorious American train and bank robber, was born on Friday, April 13, 1866.
- The seals on the back of a dollar bill include 13 steps on the pyramid, 13 stars above the eagle’s head, 13 war arrows in the eagle’s claw and 13 leaves on the olive branch.
After dropping Toodie off at school today I stopped by CVS to get something and on the bottom of my receipt was a coupon for $15 off any Physicians Formula purchase! If you have a CVS Extra Bucks card than this is definitely worth stopping in for. It practically makes your purchase FREE. I didn’t even bother to look at the bottom of my receipt until I got home but I will be going back to pick up my favorite mascara that they make. Even if you have never used Physicians Formula before this is a good time to give it a try or pick it up and give to a friend. You can’t lose! I personally recommend the Physicians Formula Organic Mascara. It’s my ABSOLUTE favorite over any mascara our there- even high end.