- There were 13 people including Jesus at the Last Supper. The 13th person to arrive was Judas. Judas was the Apostle that went on to betray Jesus, and although it is subject to interpretation; many Christians believe that Jesus was Crucified on a Friday.
- As many as 21 million Americans will change their behavior on Friday the 13th resulting in millions of lost dollars to the economy, time lost at work, etc.
- Popular rapper Tupac Shakur was killed in Las Vegas on Friday the 13th.
- Fidel Castro was born on Friday, August 13th, 1926.
- Many hospitals have no room 13, while some tall buildings skip the 13th floor and some airline terminals omit Gate 13.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th day of any month and would never host 13 guests at a meal.
- Friday the 13th is set to creep up two more times this year — in April and in July. The most times that the 13th will fall on a Friday in any given calendar is three, while the longest period without it is 14 months.
- Hollywood has capitalized on the Friday the 13th phobia. “Friday the 13th” the movie was released in 1980 and a remake was shown in theaters in 2009.
- On April 13, 2029, a Friday, the asteroid 99942 will make its closest encounter with earth.
- Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
- Tarot Card number 13 is the Death Card, depicting the Grim Reaper.
- Traditionally in hangings, there are 13 knots in the noose and 13 steps leading up to the moment of death.
- Mark Twain once was the 13th guest at a dinner party. A friend warned him not to go. “It was bad luck,” Twain later told the friend. “They only had food for 12.”
- Butch Cassidy, notorious American train and bank robber, was born on Friday, April 13, 1866.
- The seals on the back of a dollar bill include 13 steps on the pyramid, 13 stars above the eagle’s head, 13 war arrows in the eagle’s claw and 13 leaves on the olive branch.
After dropping Toodie off at school today I stopped by CVS to get something and on the bottom of my receipt was a coupon for $15 off any Physicians Formula purchase! If you have a CVS Extra Bucks card than this is definitely worth stopping in for. It practically makes your purchase FREE. I didn’t even bother to look at the bottom of my receipt until I got home but I will be going back to pick up my favorite mascara that they make. Even if you have never used Physicians Formula before this is a good time to give it a try or pick it up and give to a friend. You can’t lose! I personally recommend the Physicians Formula Organic Mascara. It’s my ABSOLUTE favorite over any mascara our there- even high end.
Here is a list of 15 things which, if you give up on them, will make your life a lot easier and much, much happier. We hold on to so many things that cause us a great deal of pain, stress and suffering – and instead of letting them all go, instead of allowing ourselves to be stress free and happy – we cling on to them. Not anymore. Starting today we will give up on all those things that no longer serve us, and we will embrace change. Ready? Here we go:
2. Give up your need for control. Be willing to give up your need to always control everything that happens to you and around you – situations, events, people, etc. Whether they are loved ones, coworkers, or just strangers you meet on the street – just allow them to be. Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better will that make you feel.
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” Joseph Campbell
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
Whether you own your own business or run a blog like I do, UPrinting can get you on track in making your own customized business cards. No more boring business cards with a lifeless face and bland design. You will be provided with free templates that will add personality and reflect who you are as well what your business offers. UPrinting will help assist you in leaving the best first impression! Enter today to win your own set of 250 Die Cut Business Cards!