The PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® products, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY®.
Celebrate the upcoming bunny-filled holiday with these Funfetti Sugar Cookie Eggs topped with none other than the gooey goodness of bunny shaped, sugar encrusted, airy marshmallow PEEPS® bunnies.
Easter is less than a week away my friends and the countdown has begun. It’s a PEEP-a-Palooza out there and it’s hard to walk into any store without seeing marshmallow PEEPS® on the shelves. These iconic Easter treats are one of the best parts about spring and while they’re next to perfect on their own, I love incorporating them into my seasonal recipes throughout the year. These Funfetti Sugar Cookie Eggs wouldn’t be the same without a pop of color and a sugary sweet marshmallow bunny on top. How pretty would these be on your dessert table this year? Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Sally at Sallys Baking Addiction, this recipe proves that funfetti isn’t just for birthdays!
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chip morsels
- 1 large egg & 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 inch baking dish or cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large stand mixer combine butter with sugar, beating on medium speed until creamy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Continue to beat to form fluffy texture.
3. In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch together. Add these dry ingredients to the stand mixer while beating on medium speed. Texture will become thicker. Using a rubber spatula, fold in white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
4. Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top begins to lightly brown. This will ensure a soft chewy center. Remove and allow to cool before slicing or using cookie cutters. The center of the cake may sink once settled.
5. Prepare frosting by beating butter on medium speed until creamy. Add sugar, whipping cream, vanilla, and salt. If frosting is too soft, add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add more cream. Adjust ingredients until the desired texture is achieved.
6. Use oval shaped cookie cutter to create Easter egg cookies. Add frosting to piping bag with medium sized star tip. Decorate each cookie with lines of frosting, spring themed sprinkles, and a PEEPS® marshmallow bunny.
Whether you like your PEEPS® dipped in chocolate, on a stick, melted between two graham crackers, or on top of a cupcake – the possibilities are endless. You can make so many delicious recipes with them. They‘re bright, sugary, fluffy, and undeniably addicting. In our home they are truly an Easter staple.
This year PEEPS® and MIKE AND IKE® have a huge assortment of Easter themed treats that can make your child’s basket one-of-a-kind and full of marshmallowie surprises.
- 5-inch PEEPS® plush in assorted colors
- PEEPS® earbuds
- PEEPS® luggage tag in assorted colors
- PEEPS® Orange Delight Flavored Marshmallows dipped in Orange Fudge
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies
- PEEPS® Decorated Eggs
- PEEPS® Party Cake flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Sour Watermelon Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks
- PEEPS® Rainbow Pop
- MIKE AND IKE® Jellybeans
- MIKE AND IKE® Easter Treats
- HOT TAMALES® Jellybeans
…and much more! You can also find other fun basket fillers on the official PEEPS AND COMPANY® website. Between now and April 15, 2016 you can take 20% off your next purchase by using the EASTERTREATS discount code.
Want to win a PEEPS® Easter Prize Pack of your own? Enter below and one lucky reader will receive a box of goodies on their doorstep. This giveaway is open to U.S residents only per the request of the sponsor and has a quick turnaround! Keep an eye on your email as I will be contacting the winner immediately after it closes.