As a member of the Starbucks Coffee Blogger Community I received samples to facilitate this post. As always, all opinions are my own!
With Christmas less than a week away it’s becoming apparent that I have some serious last minute gift preparation to take care of. Where has the time gone? I still have so much to do! This year I bid farewell to the massive crowds and long lines at the mall in hopes of eliminating the unwanted stress the holidays tend to bring. Instead, I turned to homemade gifts that could be personalized for each individual friend and family member based on the things they enjoy. Since the majority of those closest to me love all-things coffee as much as I do, Salted Caramel Dipped Biscotti nestled in a gift basket of Starbucks® themed goodies made sense. Plus, any reason to dip a cookie in chocolate is a good one to me. Who doesn’t love a decked out cookie to pair with their favorite cup of seasonal coffee? Milk chocolate and salted caramel are always a winning combination!
Over the years I have found myself incorporating Starbucks into many of my holiday traditions. Whether it’s brewing a pot for guests after Christmas Eve dinner or fueling up for a long night of gift wrapping, you really can’t go wrong with a good cup of coffee. Coffee brings people together, even pets. My pug Chloe can smell a cup of White Chocolate Mocha from a mile away while Toodie requests a mini Caramel Frappuccino every Friday after school. Yes, I created those little java-cravin’ monsters. What can I say, we’re a Starbucks® family! The holidays wouldn’t be the same without the Starbucks® Holiday Blend as it gets all of us into the spirit of the season. It’s smooth, rich, and unique in flavor which is why this bag of medium roast is pure bliss. The festive packaging also makes it a great gift basket filler. I love the red and gold theme of elegance.
Coffee and biscotti compliment one another quite nicely which is why they make such a delicious duo all year round. The holidays just give us an excuse to garnish them in yummy toppings like caramel and marshmallow!
Surprise family, friends, neighbors, and teachers with easy to make Salted Caramel Dipped Biscotti. To make your own batch you will need the following:
- 1/2 cup melted marshmallow fluff
- milk or dark chocolate melting wafers
- salted caramel
- Fleur de Sel sea salt
- wax or parchment pape
1. In a microwave-safe container melt chocolate wafers in 30 second intervals, stirring between each round until a creamy consistency is achieved. Dip the tips of the biscotti cookies into the chocolate, coating each about half way. Place on a sheet of wax or parchment paper and allow to harden.
2. Heat marshmallow fluff for 30-45 seconds or until creamy and smooth. This burns very quickly so make sure you do not overheat or it will be impossible to work with. Use a fork to drizzle the marshmallow onto the chocolate.
3. Also use a fork to add a generous layer of salted caramel sauce. I recommend using the easy recipe I included because it becomes firm after a few minutes. Do not substitute with the jar of caramel sauce you find in the ice cream section at your local grocery store. This will not work! It does not harden and will leave a drippy mess even after they have sat out. Plus, homemade salted caramel sauce tastes MUCH better.
4. Sprinkle on a small amount of sea salt and allow to firm before bagging. To speed up the process, stick in the refrigerator for 3-5 minutes.
In addition to the popular Holiday Blend you can also find other add-ins at your local Starbucks® shop. Have a friend or family member with a sweet tooth? Grab a box or two of the Salted Caramel and Cinnamon Dolce Hot Cocoa. Hot chocolate is another one of my seasonal go-to drinks, especially topped with a big heap of whipped cream!
Need stocking stuffers? The Starbucks VIA® Instant Latte packets are just the right size! They come in various flavors like White Chocolate Mocha and Peppermint Mocha.
There are many ways to wish a friend or family member a Merry Christmas but a gift basket full of Starbucks® treats is sure to make a statement this season!