We’re creeping closer to Halloween as each day passes and I can’t help but feel like the month of October is going much faster than I would like it to. Can we just slow down? I still have haunted houses to visit, pumpkins to carve, and a tub of candy corn to gobble up. I wouldn’t mind if we extended the celebration and extra month or two, would you? Halloween is just too much fun to only be one night of the year!
In the spirit of spooky, these Furry Monster Donut Bites turned my fearful frown upside down. Creepy, colorful, and covered in hair- it’s hard not to love these little critters. Monsters are supposed to be scary but there’s something delightful about these bite sized treats.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- neon gel food coloring
- ChocoMaker edible candy shreds
- edible candy eyeballs
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In large stand mixer prepare boxed cake mix according to the instructions on the back of the package. Combine eggs, water, oil, and mix- beat until blended.
3. Use a cake decorating bag or plastic sandwich bag to fill each ring shaped compartment of the donut pan with batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until donuts are cooked all the way through. Remove from the oven and allow donuts to cool on baking rack.
4. Prepare icing my whisking butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt together. Slowly add in each tablespoon of milk while continuing to mix until smooth. Distribute icing evenly into 3-4 separate bowls and add 3-4 drops of different colored gel food coloring to each. Stir until icing is pigmented.
5. Dip the tops of the donuts into the colored icing and allow excess to drip off. Immediatly sprinkle on candy shreds and add eyeballs into desired patterns.
….and that’s it ladies and gents. You have a batch of Furry Monster Donut Bites. These adorable little creations are great for parties or just to nibble on when you feel your inner goblin trying to escape. In that case, grab a donut and satisfy that sinister spirit!
Love furry creatures with multiple eyeballs as much as I do? Check out these other Halloween treats featuring monster, monsters, and more monsters!
Eerie Eyeball Pretzel Rods: Young At Heart Mommy
Monster Marshmallow Cupcakes: Smart School House
Monster Mash Munch: Life With The Crust Cut Off
Monster Marshmallows: Made To Be A Momma
Pretzel Monsters: Close To Home
Lumpy Bumpy Monster Cupcakes: Young At Heart Mommy
Gooey Monster Eye Cookies: Lil’ Luna
Monster Cupcakes: Kleinworth & Co.
Monster Eyeball Pretzels: Princess Pinky Girl
Monster Marshmallow Krispie Treats: Young At Heart Mommy
What’s your all time favorite monster?