This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackPackMixIns #CollectiveBias
The spookiest time of year is upon us and I am bursting with excitement. If every month could be like October I would be the happiest human being on the planet. As a horror movie junkie and lover of all things creepy-crawly, bewitching, and gruesome-it’s been a rather long nine months getting here. Halloween is right around the corner and that means it’s time to re-stock the candy stash, bust out the ghostly decor, and get started on those festive desserts I love making. It’s never to early to conjure up ghoulish goodies! Toodie and I wasted no time in getting into the Halloween spirit with these Frightfully Fun Frankenstein Pudding Cups.
When it comes to creating Halloween treats that are sure to make the kids scream in delight, it’s fun to add a little bit of personality to them. Glittered washi tape, googly eyes, and pom poms can turn an ordinary pudding cup into friendly Frankensteins within minutes. My daughter loves these Snack Pack pudding cups in her lunchbox so I had a feeling that the kids in her class would too. Each year I bring a special gift in for her classmates and since they must be sealed, these are the perfect portable surprise to leave on their desks. These snack time staples are so much fun to dress up and transform, especially for Halloween.
Here is what you will need to turn your snack packs into Frankenstein and his lovely bride:
- Super Snack Pack Pudding Cups
- Halloween edition OREOS
- black & white chocolate candy melts
- cake pop sticks
- glittered washi tape (pink,black, and lime green)
- googly eyes (regular & those with lashes)
- black pom poms
- pipe cleaners (black & red)
1. Begin by taking the green washi tape and wrapping it around the body of the pudding cup. Depending on the width of the tape, you will need to wrap it around a few times in order to completely cover the plastic. To keep the tape in place I suggest using a few dabs of hot glue.
2. To create Frankenstein’s hair you will need a strip of black washi tape, cutting a triangle pattern with scissors until the piece is long enough to wrap around the top portion of the cup.
3. Use a hot glue gun and attach one black pom pom on each side of the cup. These will act as bolts.
4. Lastly, attach two googly eyes and a mouth. Use a piece of pipe cleaner to form a squiggly smile or facial expression you prefer.
When Snack Pack pudding cups are ready to be consumed just peel off the lid and add a heaping spoonful of crushed OREO cookies on top. Leftover washi tape and googly eyes can also be used to make wooden spoons spooky!
For the Bride of Frankenstein you will need to pipe her signature hair piece out of chocolate candy melts. Using a piece of white paper, free-hand her hair with a pencil or marker. Remember to add an area in the shape of a lightening bolt in the middle. Attach a sheet of wax paper on top and use a piping bag with a small tip to trace the pattern with melted chocolate. The outside should be black and the center section white.
Place the hair pieces in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until hardened. Remove and use a dab of melted chocolate to secure a cake pop stick on the back of each. This will help it stand up in the pudding cup and remain straight. Also, be sure to cut a few strips of hot pink washi tape to create the stitches above her eyes.
Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein are one dynamic duo that I can’t get enough of. These two iconic Halloween characters can be turned from frightful to fun in a matter of minutes with these adorable pudding cups. Whether you are handing these out to trick or treaters, making them for your child’s classmates, or using them as favors at a Halloween bash- they are sure to cause many spooky smiles!
Ready to create your own Frankenstein treats? Purchase these Snack Pack pudding cups and add ins at your local Walmart. As a one-stop shop for all of your Halloween needs, you can find your decorations and goodies all in one place. Head to the baking aisle to find the pudding and don’t forget to grab toppings like OREOS, HONEY MAID Graham Crackers, and Nilla Wafers.
While shopping be sure to lookout for a special coupon tear pad with the current promotion: Buy 14.3oz OREOs get $1 off Super Snack Pack Pudding.
How do you make your Halloween treats fun and family friendly?