Even though my birthday is a mere three months away I’ve been having pre-mature cravings for all things cake batter flavored. It’s kind of strange because I have always been more an ice cream cake fan and not so much the fluffy frosting coated slab of sweetness. These Birthday Cake Truffles have swayed me in a different direction and if you have a craving for cake batter, birthday cake, or colored candy sprinkles then I’m sure you’ll love them too. As if these little balls of delight could possibly get any better, they’re no-bake and made with one of the popular sandwich cookies- OREOS!
You don’t need a calendar marked holiday or celebration to make a batch of Birthday Cake Truffles. Having a permanent sweet tooth is a good enough excuse, right? That’s the one I always use.
- 1 package of Birthday Cake Oreos
- 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
- Wilton Candy Melts (various bright colors)
- Colorful sprinkles or nonpairels
1. Use a food processor or hand mixer to break down the entire package of cookies into crumbs. You can also toss them into a plastic bag and crush them by hand or with a mallet.
2. Add cream cheese to cookie crumbs and combine until well blended. Shape mixture into one inch balls and place into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
3. Line baking sheet with wax paper. Heat candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 60 second intervals, stirring with a rubber spatula in between.
4. Remove balls from fridge and dip them into the melted chocolate one at a time. Transfer to the lined baking sheet, allow excess to drip off, and place back in the refrigerator for another 10-15 minutes.
5. Once chilled add an extra swirl of melted chocolate on top and sprinkles. You can use one color or several to make these truffles. I happened to love the bright colors that were also in the sprinkles!
During the summer no-bake desserts make entertaining a breeze. These Birthday Cake Truffles can be made in a cinch and are a festive treat for all to enjoy. If you are looking for a simple yet fun bite of joy, then these colorful balls are just what you need!
What’s your favorite kind of birthday cake?
Have you ever made a delicious and tasty recipe using Oreo cookies?