No matter how busy my week gets, and this one has been CRAZY, I always make time to create something fun in the kitchen. So far I have gotten my fix through Zombie Oreo Cookie Eyeballs, Caramel Pretzel Mummy Bites, and Eerie Eyeball Pretzel Rods. It’s about time we moved on to monsters! This is a fun one and a great pre-Halloween activity to do with the kids. You can prepare the treats and let them make their own faces and expressions.
What You Need:
- Wilton Orange Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Edible Eyeballs (mini and large)
- Wilton Candy Melts™ Candy Melting Pot (optional)
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- neon food coloring
- candy corn
- marshmallow treat bars
- mini Tootsie Roll lollipops
- Halloween cake pop sticks or straws
- Color a cup of coconut flakes with neon food coloring in a small bowl. Use 6-7 drops and stir with a fork, making sure to distribute all of the color. A little goes a long way. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Pre-heat candy melting pot for 5 minutes or use a microwave safe bowl to heat chocolate. If using microwave method heat bowl of candy for 60 second intervals while stirring with a rubber spatula in between.
- Stick a cake pop stick or straw into the bottom of the treats about 1/3 of the way through.
- Once chocolate is melted and creamy use the spatula to coat one side of the marshmallow treat and the very top. Add coconut to the top strip, packing it on until it looks like hair.
- Using a dab of chocolate attach eyeballs and the orange portion of a candy corn for a nose. Tic-Tacs would be really cute too! Also trim the smaller end and use the white pieces for little teeth.
- To create a mouth, eyelashes, eyebrows or any other facial feature- use the black sparkle gel.
- Place on wax paper and pop in the refrigerator for 5-10 or until chocolate has hardened.
Enjoy with your favorite monster flick!
Which is your favorite monster of all time?