Let’s talk zombies. Since The Walking Dead series took off almost four years ago the zombie has become the favorite monster of many. I may be the only human being out there left to say this but I have never actually watched an episode of the show. That doesn’t mean I don’t have a soft spot for the emancipated, decaying, brain-eating, grotesque community of zombies. No longer the bottom feeder of the monster world, zombies make Halloween much more exciting.
Check out these Zombie Oreo Cookie Eyeballs to find your inner zombie lurking within!
- Double Stuffed Oreos
- Wilton Candy Melts in Vibrant Green
- Wilton Candy Edible Halloween Eyeballs
- Wilton Candy Melts™ Candy Melting Pot (optional)
- Jet Puffed Giant Marshmallows
- Wilton Blood Red Sparkle Gel
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Wax Paper
1. Pre-heat candy melting pot for 5 minutes or use a microwave safe bowl to heat chocolate melts. If using microwave method heat bowl of candy for 60 second intervals while stirring with a rubber spatula in between.
2. Take each Oreo and remove the cookie halves with the cream on them. On a piece of wax paper line up the cookies and gently place cake pop sticks flat into the cream about 1/3 of the way. Add a dime sized amount of melted chocolate and add the other halves of the cookies on top, securing the stick inside.
3. Place in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate in the center has hardened and the cookies feel secure on the stick. If they are not secure it will be difficult to coat them with chocolate without breaking apart.
4. Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate and smother until each is completely covered. Use a knife or small plastic spatula to get into the crevices. Let the extra chocolate drip off. You can place these back on the wax paper to try or if you have a cake pop stand, this will help them stand up-right so each side stays smooth.
5. Slice ends of marshmallows off making them less than half an inch thick each. Attach them to the center of the Oreos using melted chocolate. You can place these back in the refrigerator to set or allow them to sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before decorating.
6. Using red sparkle gel carefully draw squiggly lines on the marshmallow to resemble a blood shot eyeball. Attach candy eyeball in the center of the marshmallow using a dab of melted chocolate.
Tip: If you have a hard time working with the gel formula then use an edible food pen instead. The sparkle gel can be tricky to work with because of its thickness but the glitter does add a fun touch to the eyeballs!
What is your favorite Zombie movie of all time?