This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
There are many things that excite me about Summer time- sunshine, homemade lemonade, sleeping in on the weekends, laying out at the pool, and taking my little one on local adventures. It marks the beginning of a few relaxing months before the new school year starts. Reality kicks back in next month and I am enjoying this short yet sweet break as much as I possibly can. But there is also one tradition that kicks off this time of year and that’s grilling season! What would Summer be without a big juicy cheeseburger in hand? Grilling is second nature in our home and if there is one thing we all agree on it’s nothing says Summer like a homemade burger with the works.
Everyone loves a good burger but sometimes the classic toppings can get a bit boring. A slab of cheese. A squirt of ketchup. Ring of onion. A lifeless bun. Yeah it all tastes good compiled together but what about adding a little kick in there? I enjoy spicy food and there is one thing I absolutely love adding to my burgers, crispy breaded jalapeño slices. Now take that idea and add some pepper jelly, cream cheese, creamy ranch dressing, and cheddar cheese on a juicy patty. I am about to introduce you to my ultimate burger, the Spicy Jalapeño Popper and Pepper Jelly cheeseburger. Brace yourself. This could get HOT but I promise it’s incredibly delicious with the help of Kraft Foods!
- 1 lb. ground beef (seasoned to your liking)
- Kaiser rolls
- 2 onions
- 4 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- 4 jalapeños
- 1 head of lettuce
- Kraft Big Slice Mild Cheddar
- Kraft Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- Kraft Mayo
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Pepper jelly
- Cut jalapeños into coin like slices and remove seeds. Stuff centers of the slices with cream cheese. Whisk 2 eggs to create egg wash. Dip slices in and drench with bread crumbs. Fry slices in medium pan with small amount of oil.
- Whisk remaining 2 eggs, cut onions into thin slices and dip into egg wash before covering with flour. Fry.
- Divide ground beef into patties, seasoning meat to your liking. Place on grill and add slices of Kraft cheese when burgers are ready to be removed.
- Add Kraft Mayo and crisp lettuce to bottom bun. Spread a layer of pepper jelly on top bun along with Kraft Cucumber Ranch dressing.
- Add a heap of crispy onion strings and fried jalapeño popper slices on top of burger.
I took votes after this meal and this was by far one of the most incredible cheeseburgers I have ever made! The pepper jelly adds a hint of sweetness while the jalapeño slices bring the right amount of heat. The Cucumber Ranch dressing fuses all the flavors together while cooling down the spice. Even though I haven’t always been very adventurous when it comes to the burger, this was by far a tantalizing experience for my taste buds. Everything you need to make this Jalapeño Popper Cheeseburger can be found at your local Walmart. I was able to pick up all of my ingredients in one trip. This is why I love Walmart, my one stop shop!
What’s your idea of a perfect burger?