During the Summer your typical beauty and skincare routine is almost guaranteed to change just as fast as the weather does. Here in Florida it’s warm 12 months out of the year but as June approaches the humidity pumps itself up about 10 notches. This is when my skin tends to go into panic mode. My complexion instantly turns from flawless to frightening within days and I find myself frantically looking for a miracle. The song “Summertime Sadness” now has a completely new meaning.
Keeping your skin healthy, radiant, and glowing during the Summer is not as hard as it may seem. If your skin does the “freak out” like mine you may need to switch up the products you are using and try something new. What works for you may not be what works for someone else. We all have different skin types, concerns, problem areas, and preferred brands we swear by. Believe it or not, there is a fix for most of the issues we face. These include fine lines, wrinkles, dry skin, and dark circles. Everyone has had at least one of these in their lifetime and HSN has a skincare page to help find the solutions to the common problems we face.
Some of the problems I face in the Summer are chapped lips and dry skin. I often scour for new products that will help to alleviate some of my skin stress this time of year but there are quite a few that have become staples in my routine over time. These are some of my favorite Summer beauty essentials for maintaining healthy beautiful skin and hair in the sunshine.
1. Simple Skincare Exfoliating Facial Wipes: keeping your skin clean and exfoliated prevents your pores from getting clogged and also removes dead skin cells that may cause your complexion to look dull.
2. Fekkai Summer Hair After Sun Daily Mask: protect your hair before and after a sunshine filled day by treating it with a hydrating conditioning mask. This will bring your locks back to life and protect it from the sun’s harmful rays.
3. Evian Facial Water Spray: rehydrate and keep your skin moisturized with a facial mineral spray. Not only will it keep your skin subtle and youthful, it’s also refreshing.
4. bareMinerals READY Foundation: Summer isn’t suitable for wearing liquid and mousse foundations. The melted makeup look isn’t very attractive. Invest in a solid mineral foundation with hydrating coverage and SPF.
5. Murad Essential-C Sun Balm: take your SPF in a portable package, or stick. A good sunscreen is a must have during the Summer. Protect the skin your in!
6. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: don’t forget about your lips, as they need love too. Invest in a moisturizing balm to protect and nourish your lips which will prevent them from drying out.
7. Lush Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub: using an all over mineral scrub with natural ingredients like seal salt and lime will help to exfoliating, polish, and brighten skin.
8. Philosophy Hope In Jar Moisturizer: a lightweight moisturizer will help keep your skin hydrated without leaving an oily mess behind. Even though Summer may be humid, the sun and water can actually dry out your skin while stripping away your natural oils.
This Summer while you’re taking the time to pick out the perfect beach outfit and matching sandals, don’t forget to take your skin into consideration too. Revamp and refine your skincare routine to make sure you are protecting yourself from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen generously, invest in a big floppy hat, and pack your favorite sunglasses for the days you will be soaking up the sunshine.
Remember, it’s easier to prevent damage than it is to repair it. Your skin will thank you later!