Disclosure: The information and samples have been provided by Pillsbury through Platefull Co-Op.
Baking sweets and treats is one of my many guilty pleasures. Whether it’s cookies or cakes I am always in the kitchen whipping up some sort of dessert. Do you know anyone who is passionate about cooking and baking too? If so, their creativity in the kitchen could land them a spot to compete for $1 million and other prizes in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest! Their original recipes may be submitted online at www.BakeOff.com now through May 8, 2014. The Bake-Off® Kitchens will evaluate all eligible entries and choose the top 100 recipes to compete at the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest Finals at the Omni Nashville Hotel on November 3, 2014.
For added inspiration Platefull Co-Op sent me a big box of baking and cookie goodies which included the 100 winning recipes from last year’s bake-off contest. All of these delicious and unique recipes competed for the $1 million prize. While only one of them took home the big bucks, they are all winners in my book! The Loaded Potato Pinwheels took the win and look just as tasty as they sound. Flipping through the book gave me a lot of my own ideas and I am hoping to have my own creation to submit into the contest this year.
Until then I could not resist re-creating one of the winning recipes from last year’s contest. Naturally, I gravitated right towards the dessert section of the book and had to make something to satisfy my sweet tooth. The Malted Milk Ball Peanut Butter Cream Squares were calling my name. It combines two of my favorite things, peanut butter and malted milk balls. It’s sweet. It’s salty. It’s creamy. It’s everything you want in a dessert. Not to mention, it’s extremely rich and indulgent. I can see why it was a winner. This has to be one of the best things I have ever made in the kitchen!
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 2 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 1/2 Smucker’s® Sundae Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13×9 inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Break up cookie dough and press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- In large bowl, beat frosting and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Carefully fold whipped cream, marshmallow creme and 1 1/2 cups of the malted milk balls into peanut butter mixture. Spoon and spread mixture over cooled cookie crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cream layer is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4.
- To serve, place cream squares on dessert plates. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate-flavored syrup. Sprinkle with remaining chopped malted milk balls. Store covered in refrigerator.
Do you have a yummy recipe you plan on submitting into the Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest?