My sweet tooth is becoming more and more apparent lately. I blame it on Pinterest & all of the delicious baked treats I see people pinning. I love when I find a sweet & salty snack that’s not only yummy but extremely easy to make. For a while now I have been meaning to make these little “Love Buttons” which include a medley of pretzels and milk chocolate. They are beyond simple to make & the assembly takes no time at all. I do have to warn you that they are incredibly addicting and there is no way… NO WAY… you can get away with eating only one. I tried. I failed. I made another batch.
- 1 bag of Snyder’s Pretzel Snaps
- 2 bags of Hershey Kisses or Hershey Hugs
- 1 bag of Valentine M&M candies
You will also need a baking sheet and parchment paper for this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and lay pretzel snaps down in rows, one next to the other.
3. Place one Hershey Kiss or Hug in the center of each pretzel snap.
4. Bake for 4-5 minutes until chocolate is soft.
5. Remove from oven and push down M&M’s in the center of each Hershey Kiss creating a round shape onto the pretzel beneath.
6. Place in the refrigerator for 5-10 to cool down and set.
For my “Love Buttons” I decided to use two different types of Hershey Kisses, traditional milk chocolate and Raspberry filled Hugs. You can use any flavor that you desire but keep in mind that the white chocolate does melt much faster than milk or dark. The milk chocolate M&M candies can also be substituted with peanut, peanut butter, mint, or even pretzel! This treat can be made in so many different variations. It’s your choice as to which combinations you would like. I personally love the classic milk chocolate but the raspberry did give a subtle hint of tart to it. Both yummy in my book!
Ready to whip up a batch of “Love Butons” on your own? Save or print the recipe card below for a Valentine treat everyone is sure to enjoy. If you do, let me know what combinations of Hershey Kisses and M&M’s you used!