Love is in the air. Everywhere I look around..
The Fall wedding season is officially in full swing. Colorful leaves are coating the ground, hot days are starting to cool down, and beautiful earthy tones have begun to surround us. This is the ideal time to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and tie your long awaited nuptials outdoors! As the big day approaches there are quite a few celebrations that take place before and in between. Traditionally these include the bachelor/bachelorette party, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, and bridal shower for the lovely bride. While I love to part-ay with my girlfriends, I get giddy when it’s my turn to host or attend a shower. Who doesn’t love dressing up, drinking girly drinks, nibbling on little sandwiches, and socializing with friends? I do! I also enjoy lending a helping hand when it comes to decorating and pulling a theme together. This is why I have taken upon the task of bridal shower planner for my wonderful mother. With the help of Target, I am ready to take the bull by the horns on this one. Let the planning, baking, making, creating, and decorating begin!
Since her engagement I have spent many days and nights surfing the web, especially Pinterest, for unique bridal shower ideas. I was able to find endless recipes, DIY decorations, party favor ideas, and even games. While there is no set theme in place I know my mom’s favorite color is none other than, PINK. She doesn’t care what it is. From underwear to cooking utensils, it’s gotta be pink or some form of it. I can only guess that this is the color she would choose for her celebration. With that in mind I put together a potential list of 10 pink themed bridal shower ideas I know she would love. The bridal shower should be ALL about the bride as it truly is her special day to be surrounded by those who adore her!
- Sweet & Sparkly Pink Candy Bar where guests can assemble their own goodie bag favors to take home with them.
- Fresh Pink Lemonade served in a mason jar, or any refreshing signature drink at that. Top them off with pink straws too! Even a sugared rim..
- Pink & white frosted cupcakes with a sprinkle of sugar crystals. Tie in the bridal shower theme with cupcake toppers or candy hearts.
- Cake pops decorated with white frosting and pink sugar crystals. You can even offer these at the candy table, wrapped in individual cellophane bags.
- Cover a 3 tier cupcake serving tray with layers of delicious macaroons, vanilla & strawberry.
- Centerpieces filled with various shades of pink flowers and crystal fillers. I love sparkle!
- Balloons, paper poms, streamers, and paper mache flowers can be used to decorate the bridal shower space.
- Pink nail polish can be used as a favor or be scattered on the tables for each guest to take.
- Tables can be topped with candle votive lined with fresh flowers floating at the bottom. This would be the perfect ambiance for an evening shower.
- Pink handled makeup brushes can be used as fun favors for guests. The girl’s will appreciate this one and it’s a unique idea you don’t often see used!